Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Positively Perfect!

Wow!!! What an adventure we had on Zachary's Make a Wish trip! It was, as Mary Poppins would say, "Practically perfect in every way." It was more than we ever imagined. We had no idea how special the Disney staff & characters (aka, cast members) were going to treat Zachary and Lexi. They were so good to all of us.

Before I go on and on about our trip, we had some funny and cute moments getting there that we have to share. While going through security at KCI airport, Jason and I showed our drivers licences and boarding passes to the security guard. The security guard looked at Zachary and said, "are you Zach?" Zachary said, "Yep, I'm Zachary Meier." It's one moment I wish I had video-taped, because I know it's hard for someone else to picture the serious look on Zachary's face and his quick, confident answer.

The trip down went really smooth (thank the Lord God Almighty!!). I think Jason and I were more nervous about getting there than anything else. I had a flashback of our trip to Cleveland...busy airports, busy kids and frazzled mom and dads everywhere. However, arriving to Orlando airport the numbers of frazzled families increased exponentially! I think we said or heard the following a few times in Orlando's airport: "Stay close to me, Zachary," "Hold my hand, Lexi." "Watch where you are going, Zachary." "Are we there yet, Mommy?" "Is this Disney?" Shew!!

Another cute thing Zachary said while the plane was making it's approach to the airport was, "My ears can't hear me, Dad!" Poor Lexi didn't just experience ear fullness, but she also experience major ear pain. "Chew your gum, Lexi," "Try to yawn." Nothing seemed to help her. Thankfully our trip home was much easier on her little ears. Lexi and Mom played a few games of hangman (a new game to Lexi)on her magna doodle. One time she was having a hard time figuring out the word and was getting close to hanging the man, she asked, "Can you add a dress or some clothes, Mom?"

Here are some pictures of us at KCI and on the plane...

No comments: