Saturday, December 1, 2007

Busy Week!

This past week was my first week at my new job and so far I really like it! I was in St. Louis Monday through Wednesday for orientation and training and then I drove to Cedar Rapids, Iowa and met the current area manager. We went to one facility there and then we went to two facilities in Iowa Falls. It was a busy week, but it was a good one. I have a lot to learn but I am ready for the challenge.

Zachary also had a busy week. He had a doctor's appointment at Children's Mercy on Monday. His neurologist and physical rehab doctor both thought he looked great. They did not like the way his left leg brace was fitting him so they ordered a new one. Zachary will get fitted for a new one in a few weeks. We also switched focusing meds this week. The patch was causing Zachary a lot of skin irritation, so we are back to him taking an oral medication. It's a different one and it's name escapes me right now. So far it seems to be working, but unfortunately does affect his appetite. Looks like we'll have him drink Carnation breakfast drinks again just before bedtime to help put some extra calories in him.

We were supposed to have had a second showing on our house today but the weather did not cooperate (freezing rain this morning and just cold/wet all afternoon). Lord willing we will have another showing tomorrow afternoon instead.

Thank you for your continued prayers for our family. We felt them this week. Please still pray for our house to sell in God's timing. We would also appreciate prayers for safety as Mary Lou travels to St. Louis and Iowa again next week (Monday and Tuesday flying to St. Louis; driving to Ft Dodge, Iowa Weds returning home on Thursday or Friday).

Thanks! Have a blessed week!

No comments: